The open-faced tuna sandwich is a summer classic. Savory, yet refreshing!
Open-faced Tuna Sandwich
- 1 french baguette
- 2 (5.32 oz each) cans of La Sirena tuna in olive oil
- ¼ cup black olives, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, sliced
- 1 cup cooked green beans, cut in three
- cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 3-4 hard boiled eggs, sliced (optional)
- ½ cup basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 anchovies fillets, minced to make a puree
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- sea salt
- black pepper
- In a medium bowl carefully mix tuna, green beans, olives, onion, capers and artichoke.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, vinegar, dijon, anchovies, garlic and salt and pepper.
- Cut baguette in half horizontally. (discard one side for another use)
- Drizzle part of the vinaigrette over the baguette. Pour the rest over the tuna.
- Arrange basil leaves on top of the baguette, sliced tomatoes, tuna mix and sliced eggs. Cut in 4 pieces.