Description of recipe
Arugula Pesto Spaghetti with Sardines
- 1 lb dry spaghetti
- 2 cups baby argugula
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded + extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- sea salt
- black crackled pepper
- 2 (4.4 oz each) cans sardines in olive oil La Sirena
- Place olive oil, arugula, garlic, parmesan, pine nuts, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a food processer until roughly chopped. Set aside.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 10-12 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
- Return the pasta to the saucepan with the pesto and toss to combine. Serve and garnish with extra Parmesan.